Friday 31 July 2009

World of WoW-this-is-far-too-addictive-craft! Part 1

Do you have an interest in computer games? Do you have spare time you’d like to fill with something new and exciting? Do you wish you could feel like you’re worth something and that you're making a difference in the world, any world? Do you suffer from depression and possibly out of work, or on the sick from your current job? Do you want to throw away your life and waste away in the abyss of a cyber space fantasy land that is Azeroth? Then look no further, Blizzard Entertainment has just the thing you’re looking for!

World of Warcraft, the most popular MMORPG the world has ever seen and rapidly growing every day, is the home to some great, fantastical and imaginative creatures and adventures the gaming world has even seen but for me personally it’s just becoming too much, far, far, far too much, and it has to stop somewhere, somehow, some time soon.

WoWaholics Anonymous is now open, check in at your own discretion but please leave your pets and minions at the door. I’d love to see that sign somewhere! This game is the most single evil computer game I’ve ever played. In the days of the Super Nintendo, which I may add still has some of the best games of all time, I’ve been hooked on Super Metroid when I must get to the next area and obtain that awesome plasma beam. I’ve been knee deep in the Secret of Mana, but never have I been so addicted to a computer game until I met World of Warcraft. I can’t condemn the game completely as it’s brought me some great friends that have become real life friends (or RL friends as the lingo goes, not to be confused with RL that also means Raid Leader) but the game itself is far too alluring. This is especially true for people that feel something is missing from their lives. For those unfortunate souls and any that may fit any of the above criteria, WoW seems to be the place to hide out. Awesome and quite simply amazing on the surface, an outlet and an escape from it all, it doesn’t let you down and is dependable as long as you pay your subscription, it will always be there for you.

Continued tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment