Thursday 17 March 2011

Disabled Car

This is just a short piece I wrote a week or so back. I thought I'd best publish something as it's been over a week since the last one. I'll get round to publishing more often very soon. Enjoy and thanks for reading.

Disabled Car

As I embark on my pursuing my dreams as a comedy writer I don't really do much stand-up or in fact any at all. I'm quite shy and retired so I like sitting down. But I do love writing though. I write a lot. Well I write in a lot at least. Parking lots mostly. I do the ticketing you see. Love writing those tickets I do. I can write 'em all day and I do as well. That reminds me, who out there is driving that Reliant Robin? Did you really think you were going to get away with it? They should have been confined to go kart tracks years ago. Just because it's only got three wheels doesn't mean you can park in a disabled bay you know. So who's is it? As the tumbleweed blew past me I came to the conclusion maybe it doesn't belong to anyone. It belongs to no-one. 'Hm...oh dear' I think aloud. I think I might have been in the wrong car park. Come to think of it, it was a rather small car park, only consisting of 2 cars. Ah well too late now, it's past the point of no return. If I go back now to remove the ticket from the car it'll look well dodgy, people will think I'm trying to steal it. So I best leave it there. The owner of that deprived little motor vehicle will get quite a surprise when he opens his front door in the morning I'm quite sure. I think it's the dementia setting in. Bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment